New Marketing is about listening to your customers, joining their conversations, and giving them something to talk about.
After reading Tibi Puius’ post, which aptly describes social media and social media marketing, I consider it expedient to expand upon the fundamentals of social media marketing by describing the 5 elemental activities that make-up a fruitful social media movement.
Social networking websites are easy to maintain, but many companies and brands still hesitate to use Social Media to advance their business. On the other hand, there are brands that use Social Media blindly, without any clear intention or goal. It is true that many companies use the Internet to promote their brand and their business; in fact, Social Media and Internet marketing strategies have been part of the mainstream for the longest tine that they already considered as two of the main marketing tools. Even multimillion companies use the Internet to promote their brand and their products, although Internet-based marketing strategies are often regarded as alternatives to mainstream business strategies. You look closely, however, and you would see that the objectives of brand and companies in using Social Media are integrated within basic and important business functions. Here are five of the basic objectives you can pursue in Social Media, and what type of basic business function it relates to.
- Listen to your customers. Listening to your customers is one of the most important and worthwhile objectives to pursue in Social Media; in fact, it is considered as one of the basic strategies you can do on the Social Media for the benefit of your brand. For example, you post a blog entry on your company website regarding a particular product or service. You can instantly see the reactions and comments of visitors through the blog’s comment function. This can help your consumer research department since it can make monitoring the conversations of various consumers, as well as their preference and reactions, easier and much more effective. This can be used instead of traditional surveys, which can be strenuous and costly. Listening to customers works best for companies who actively seek the insight of their consumers. Are You Looking to Buy Real YouTube Subscribers,likes, views or comments? Then proper research is required through the people. The selection of the right one is done with the skills and intelligence to promote the products. Listening to the experts will meet with the desired results.
- Talk directly to your customers. Besides listening to customers, you can also respond to the customers directly; in a way, this function is similar to marketing, except the process is two-way, instead of the outbound communication done in traditional marketing. You can instantly respond to comments and issues raised by a customer through the comment page of a blog or a thread in a forum. When you talk to a customer directly, you are not merely talking to the person who raised the issue; in effect, you are talking to everyone who has access to that content, which makes the communication more like an open forum more than a private conversation.
- Energize the market. In this objective, you make your most eager and most enthusiastic customers help sell the product to each other through word of mouth. This is how viral videos work; enthusiastic viewers send the view to other people, who will send the video to other people as well. Enthusiastic customers will share the information you provide to other people who are interested in your product or service, which could help further your sales. Word of mouth using the functions and features of Social Media has been used by companies as a means to spread information regarding a product. Of course, this strategy has been used for ages, but Social Media has made it easier since it enables people to send information to a number of people at a time.
- Provide your customers with a venue to support each other. Since Social Media engages people to interact with one other, this is a perfect venue for your customers to support each other through the formation of forums, groups, and other related functions. This is especially true when the customers of a certain product have a natural affinity for one another, and where a level of support or camaraderie can help further the business. An example: video game console buyers are naturally inclined to go online and search for Social Media groups so they can interact with other console players.
- Incorporate your customers. If you need to integrate the feedback of your customers, their output and reference, Social Media is the best way to embrace your customers so you can seamlessly integrate them into the very function of your business. This, however, can only be done if you have already succeeded in the four previous objectives, making it the most challenging (but also the most rewarding) out of all the basic objectives to pursue in Social Media.