With the evolving careers and employment industry, it is very difficult to find a suitable job and thus more and more ways are being invented to find the right job as per one’s profile. One such way is taking the advantage of recruiting firms or employment agencies.
The employment agencies help a candidate to look for a suitable employer and vice versa. Their job in the process is to match the candidate’s qualifications with the requirements of a company or an employer. In return, the agency gets a fee from the employer or the company. The person seeking the job in this situation has a total advantage as-
- He gets an access to the jobs that are not advertised anywhere.
- He is not required to pay anything for the services.
- The employment agency does everything for him from screening, hiring to referring him to the employer.
Things to remember:
If you have decided to take benefit of the employment agency, it is very important to clarify a few things from them. For instance,
- What services will they provide?
- Do you need to pay anything to them?
Before you take up a temporary pôle emploi offre d’emploi, make sure you know your salary, the number of hours you need to work, whether you would be able to do overtime with the employer or not.
It is advisable to have an answer to all such queries in advance so as to avoid any confusion later.
Working with employment agencies:
When dealing with employment agencies, remember the following-
- Try and be very professional while dealing with them. In case of temporary jobs, treat them as an employer as they are the employers.
- Remember not to disappoint them often when they offer you work. Regular refusals to offers will make them lose interest in your profile and they might have to rethink while considering you if you ever need them again in future.
- Do not depend solely on such agencies for your job search. Try other ways of job hunting too.
- Do not forget to cross check your benefits and rights with them before you accept or turn down a job offer.
Finally, it should not come as a surprise to know that every year 13 million people are employed with the help of such agencies. They work in almost all the industries.